We empowered women living with dignity and contributing as equal partners in development in an environment free from violence and discrimination. And, well-nurtured children with full opportunities for growth and development in a safe and protective environment.
Mission for Women is to Promoting social and economic empowerment of women through cross-cutting policies and programmes, mainstreaming gender concerns, creating awareness about their rights and facilitating institutional and legislative support for enabling them to realise their human rights and develop to their full potential.
Mission for Children is to Ensuring development, care and protection of children through cross-cutting policies and programmes, spreading awareness about their rights and facilitating access to learning, nutrition, institutional and legislative support for enabling them to grow and develop to their full potential.
Objectives for Women and Children
1. Laying foundation for development of children below 6 years with focus on Supplementary nutrition and preschool, non-formal education and to enhance the awareness and capability of the mothers for nutritional and health needs of the child;
2. Providing a safe and secure environment for overall development of children who are in need of care and protection and children in conflict with law;
3. Empowering adolescent girls (11-18 years) through nutrition, health care and life skill education; 32
4. Filling the gaps in legislative framework on the protection of children against sexual abuse through the enactment of new legislation and the promotion of child centred jurisprudence;
5. Enabling economic empowerment of marginalized women;
6. Providing relief and rehabilitation to marginalized and vulnerable women who lack family and societal support and independent means of income;
7. Preventing and combating trafficking of women and children;
8. Protecting women from all forms of violence and discrimination;
9. Filling the gaps in legislative framework on discrimination against women through new enactments and amendment of existing laws;
10.Mainstreaming gender concerns in policies, programmes and schemes of Government of India and State Governments through gender budgeting;
11.Promoting the rights based approach in the formulation of policies, programmes, schemes and legislation for women and children;
12.Improving internal efficiency, responsiveness and service delivery;
13.Policy, coordination, advocacy & education relating to nutrition.